Wednesday 20 July 2016

Miss United States Agriculture Pageant




In late 2008 I started a pageant program (known as Miss Heart of the USA) in Dothan, Alabama in an effort to host a simple food drive for my local rescue mission, little did I know where that pageant would take me. Fast forward to 2016 and I am preparing to host our 6th annual National Pageant in Orlando, Florida where young ladies will fly in from all over the USA for a chance at thousands of dollars worth of scholarships. Each year as I make that trip to Orlando I can't help but think how amazing the Wiregrass area has been to me and how a single event in January 2009 at the Cultural Arts Center in Dothan, Alabama changed my life forever.
Did you know that in the state of Alabama agriculture and forestry related industries account for 580,295 jobs and generate $70.4 billion for the economy?

After spending several years in the staffing industry I was able to see first hand the huge impact that the agriculture industry has on our local economy. Reality is, our future is in the hands of our farmers. We fondly refer to Dothan as the "Peanut Capital of the World" and just incase you didn't know, approximately one-fourth of the  U.S. peanut crop is produced nearby. When you come to Dothan, you are officially in the heart of peanut country. The idea behind Miss United States Agriculture is to celebrate the agriculture industry and our local farmers all while promoting self esteem, building strong leaders and awarding scholarships to further their education. 

Our goal was to accomplish in Dothan what we accomplish in Orlando each year by bringing in hundreds of families to see what the city has to offer. I grew up in Dothan and although I spent two great years in South Florida, Dothan has always been the place I call home and I was so excited to return several years ago. I am extremely proud of our city and was so incredibly excited to host our very first National Miss United States Agriculture Pageant here. Our program quickly grew into more than even I expected so in 2016 we moved our National Pageant to Birmingham.

We still await that of Nigeria..
#AgricModelling
#AgricFashion
#AgricBeauty

http://www.missunitedstatesagriculture.com/photos

No comments:

Post a Comment